the last song by nicholas sparks | Teen Ink

the last song by nicholas sparks

May 15, 2010
By rabzz BRONZE, Eee, Other
rabzz BRONZE, Eee, Other
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

last week i finished reading 'THE LAST SONG' by NICHOLAS SPARKS.its genre is romantic fiction.the story revolves around the life and trials of ronnie miller,a 17 year old girl living in new york city with her mother and 10 year old brother,jonah.ronnie's character is that of a rebellious teen struggling with her parents' divorce.ronnie remains aloof from her parents and especially her father who left NY city to reside in wilmington(north carolina) proceeding the divorce.ronnie's world turns upside down when her mom decides to send her and jonah to stay with their father for the summer.ronnie's dad steve miller is a former music teacher and concert pianist who lives by the beach in a tattered house.ronnie is adamant not to talk to her dad but once she enters his home she is not untouched by his concern for her.just when world starts appearing a better place to ronnie,she's faced by a secret...that breaks her heart.the last song is a story about family love,first love and heartbreaks.a real tearjerker.the story grips you from the very beginning.it is one of those stories that make your heart warm.a good summer read.it would appeal to teenage girls as they will be able to relate with emotions experienced by ronnie throughout the story.i'll rate it 2.5 out of 4.


The author's comments:
'the last song' is not the best book by nicholas sparks but still a good one written with the same spirit.