the last song by nicholas sparks | Teen Ink

the last song by nicholas sparks

By rabzz BRONZE, Eee, Other
rabzz BRONZE, Eee, Other

last week i finished reading 'THE LAST SONG' by NICHOLAS SPARKS.its genre is romantic fiction.the story revolves around the life and trials of ronnie miller,a 17 year old girl living in new york city with her mother and 10 year old brother,jonah.ronnie's character is that of a rebellious teen struggling with her parents' divorce.ronnie remains aloof from her parents and especially her father who left NY city to reside in wilmington(north carolina) proceeding the divorce.ronnie's world turns upside down when her mom decides to send her and jonah to stay with their father for the summer.ronnie's dad steve miller is a former music teacher and concert pianist who lives by the beach in a tattered house.ronnie is adamant not to talk to her dad but once she enters his home she is not untouched by his concern for her.just when world starts appearing a better place to ronnie,she's faced by a secret...that breaks her heart.the last song is a story about family love,first love and heartbreaks.a real tearjerker.the story grips you from the very beginning.it is one of those stories that make your heart warm.a good summer read.it would appeal to teenage girls as they will be able to relate with emotions experienced by ronnie throughout the story.i'll rate it 2.5 out of 4.

'the last song' is not the best book by nicholas sparks but still a good one written with the same spirit.

rabzz BRONZE said...
on Oct. 6 2010 at 12:42 am
rabzz BRONZE, Eee, Other
d book was fine..not his best work though....its his longest novel...he wrote d screenplay of d movie first nd den made it into a book......

Samantha97 said...
on Sep. 29 2010 at 8:16 am
Samantha97, Bruceton Mills, West Virginia
the movie was really good and i wonder how the book is? the sercret was that he had some kind of cancer and he had to be in the hospital tords the end of the movie cause he fell and he got really hurt.