Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr | Teen Ink

Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr

By TsunamiSwimmer BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
TsunamiSwimmer BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado

"And now these three remain: Faith, Hope, and Love. But the greatest of these is Love."
1rst Corinthians 13:13

“I was thirteen when my dad caught me with Tommy Webber in the back of Tommy's Buick, parked next to the old Chart House down on Montara at eleven o' clock on a Tuesday night. Tommy was seventeen and the supposed friend of my brother Darren.
I didn't love him
I'm not sure I even liked him.”

In a moment, Deanna Lambert's teenage life is changed forever. Struggling to overcome the lasting teasings and the awefull role of the “school slut,” Deanna longs to escape a life controlled by her past.

Three years later, Deanna still can't escape the memories and consequences. She is still the “school slut” at school, and at home. Her dad has never been able to look her in the eyes and he rarely talks to her. The only people that think of her as the same Deanna and are her best friends, Lee and Jason, her older brother Darren, his girlfriend Stacy, their daughter, and her boss. She works at a pizza place and even there she can't get away, because Tommy also works there. Yes, that Tommy.

I came across Story f a Girl by my friend, Kendra. I just got back from the library when I saw her reading it. I asked what it was about and she read me the back. I was hooked. I abandoned the book I just got and went back to the library to get Story of a Girl. I couldn't put it down.

So if your the kind of girl that likes stories that make you laugh, cry, and wonder, then Story of a Girl is the right book for you! You will finish wanting more and seeing your life through different eyes. Story of a Girl is “realistic fiction at its best and an emotionally charged story.” says the School Library journal. “I learned a lot from this book. Now I know the consequences about doing bad things at a very young age.” Says my friend Kendra, the one that recommended the book to me. So next time your at the library or need a shocking tale, pick up Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr. It really is a page turner!

I love this book and I think many girls can relate to it, so I would recommend it to all girls!