the lightning thief by riodan, rick | Teen Ink

the lightning thief by riodan, rick

April 30, 2010
By jesse daniels BRONZE, Arvada, Colorado
jesse daniels BRONZE, Arvada, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Lightning Thief review

The Lightning Thief is a great book for kids age around 12 to 18. This book is a good read for kids around my age. One of my friends told me “This is a well written book you should read it.” Once I read it I got the same idea.
Percy Jackson is no brainiac but he has friends who are brainiacs like Annabeth the daughter of Athena or Grover the satyr. But he is courageous and clever, stubborn and loyal. Annabeth is a sassy punk who knows about everything whose advice to Percy is most helpful. Grover is a scardy cat who encourages him to do well.
From the very beginning of the book we find out Percy is different when he ends up fighting a harpy in the museum while on a school trip. He's been kicked out of six schools in six years, lives with his mom and step-dad, Smelly Gabe, an evil guy who deliberately makes Percy's life hard. While him and his mom where on vacation he learned who he really was. A half-blood. Then his life went hored. His mom died (as he thought) he made enemies at camp and will not accept who he is. Later on he figures out that his father is the god of the sea Poseidon. then he find out that he is wanted by Zeus and Hades for thievery that he didn’t do then he proves himself innocent and gets his mom back.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 2 comments.


maha007 BRONZE said...
on May. 6 2010 at 10:55 pm
maha007 BRONZE, San Deigo, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I absolutley loved this book. I havn't seen the movie yet. But, the book caught my attention from page one. it was a great read.:)

on May. 5 2010 at 11:55 am
this book is the beginning of an awe inspiring series that i think is one of the best.