The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

“The Last Song” by Nicholas Sparks is a phenomenal novel, not only because of the incredibly heart-warming love story that it tells, but also because of the thoughtful yet relatable plot that the romance is woven into. This book is about love of all kinds. It is about love between couples, love between family members, and even love between enemies.

The main character in this novel is stubborn and rebellious Ronnie, who is quickly approaching womanhood without any plans for her life. Ronnie is furious when she and her younger brother are shipped to their father’s house for the summer. She hasn’t spoken to her dad since he left three years ago, and is far from happy to hear that she’ll be living with him. Ronnie arrives at her dad’s in a foul mood, but soon begins to view her visit there as a gift rather than a punishment. Her father is patient and kind with her, and she starts to regret having pushed him away for so long.

As Ronnie’s relationship with her father flourishes, she also falls deeply in love with Will Blakelee. Initially, Will doesn’t appear to be her type, but she soon discovers that the wealthy beach boy is everything she could ever want. Of course, a summer like this can’t last forever. How will Ronnie cope when Will leaves for college right before tragedy strikes, leaving her without the ones she loves?

I recommend this novel to anyone looking for an average-level book that will make you think deeply and cry hard. It’s just about impossible to read this book cover to cover without feeling something stir inside you.

isabel18 said...
May 19, 2010 at 9:22 am

Great Review! Now I want to read the book. I have not seen the movie yet. I heard that it was really good though.

But... books are always better than the movies! Keep up the good work!!

:D :)

sunnyhunny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yeah, the book was really really good, but the movie was just O.K.  It didn't measure up to the book, and it's also disappointing when the movie isn't how you pictured the story.  Hence, Miley Cyrus.

--LoveHappens-- said...
Great job I LOVE THIS BOOK it is my favorite but I just wish the movie was better cause miley cyrus was terrible. Great job and I loved this book and completely agree that is is captivating and impossible to put down!!!

--LoveHappens-- replied...
ooo also please read The Pretty One it is a love story so i think you will enjoy it if you liked this book. Please leave a comment. Thanks so much and again great job

Already read it :).  I loved it.  Very relatable and cute, but definetly not cheezy.

elfiewrites said...
This is a very well-written review on a very well-written book! Good job! Please, if you get the chance, comment on my latest article "My Mentor"

Sure, I'll check it out now!

trblue said...

really. this book better not be on here just because it was a movie. people it was a book first. the books are way better. im sorry for those who... read the book first. i will say i was wrong.

ps im not a miley fan #1

May 6, 2010 at 10:00 am
Honestly, I read the book first.  I saw the movie too, but didn't think it was half as good.

trblue replied...
thank ok but other people dont know that. the world is moving along with time, and some people dont read that much. thinking the movie is grade A.

babigerl1194 replied...
the book WAS amazing. and seeing just the commercials leads me to think that it will not be as good. SPARKS is amazing. !!!

Jul. 17, 2010 at 11:11 am
I know, he's great!  I ordered The Notebook online, because I want to become familiar with some of his other books. 

Elmolover221 said...
book/movie was AMAZING! <33

I agree!  The book was much better than the movie, though!

booger said...
May 5, 2010 at 9:00 am

hello i hate this this was just a watse of my time this is a peice of sh*** you should have never wrote this

- hugs + kisses bogger

Wow you're real nice.  Thanks for the encouragment. :P