The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

“The Last Song” by Nicholas Sparks is a phenomenal novel, not only because of the incredibly heart-warming love story that it tells, but also because of the thoughtful yet relatable plot that the romance is woven into. This book is about love of all kinds. It is about love between couples, love between family members, and even love between enemies.

The main character in this novel is stubborn and rebellious Ronnie, who is quickly approaching womanhood without any plans for her life. Ronnie is furious when she and her younger brother are shipped to their father’s house for the summer. She hasn’t spoken to her dad since he left three years ago, and is far from happy to hear that she’ll be living with him. Ronnie arrives at her dad’s in a foul mood, but soon begins to view her visit there as a gift rather than a punishment. Her father is patient and kind with her, and she starts to regret having pushed him away for so long.

As Ronnie’s relationship with her father flourishes, she also falls deeply in love with Will Blakelee. Initially, Will doesn’t appear to be her type, but she soon discovers that the wealthy beach boy is everything she could ever want. Of course, a summer like this can’t last forever. How will Ronnie cope when Will leaves for college right before tragedy strikes, leaving her without the ones she loves?

I recommend this novel to anyone looking for an average-level book that will make you think deeply and cry hard. It’s just about impossible to read this book cover to cover without feeling something stir inside you.

klegault This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 2 at 10:26 am:
Nicholas Sparks is a fabulous author, and when I read this, it was exactly as I hoped and expected for. Reading this novel gave me chills down my spine. This truly is my favourite novel of his. Lovely!

fuckme1345 said...
May 24, 2012 at 10:32 am:
Ill fight every single one of you. This poem is gayer then aids wrapped in bacon

lucasloveswriting said...
i really loved this review. it was simple but yet explained the book very well. I've read this book and I loved it, too. If I hadn't, I would have certainly read it because of your review :)

Pink30 said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 12:38 pm:
Wow, you're pretty rude... I personally think she did a good job in this. 

gleek1234 replied...
May 23, 2012 at 12:57 pm :
how was she being rude

hokeypokey said...
madd chillen

sunnyhunny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 23, 2010 at 7:21 pm :
uh thanks... i think.  :P

dustybrowneyes said...
Sept. 2, 2010 at 1:29 am:
the movie was amazing wached it about 1000 times no joke

Oct. 5, 2010 at 9:08 pm :
The movie was nothing compared to the book, in my opinion.  but it was still really sweet!

a.m.f said...
Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:40 pm:
You really pulled the important details from the book, and were able to make an interested reader eager to take a look at it.  I've personally read it, and I think your review is perfect.  I also love that you don't have grammer and spelling errors.  It makes the review so much more easy to read. :)

Jul. 29, 2010 at 6:55 pm :
Thanks!  I try to edit my work, but I usually miss really obvious errors.  I'm glad you noticed this is not one of those times! 

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 10, 2010 at 1:06 pm:
Yet again, amazing review!  I already intended to read this book, since I love Nicholas Sparks, but if I hadn't, you would have made me want to read it!  Very well-put and intriguing.  I'm sure it's an excellent book.

Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:30 pm :
Thanks for the feedback :)

banditclover said...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:52 pm:
Oooh, this makes me want to read the book! I haven't seen the movie, anyone know if it's any good? Very good review- short, simple, sweet, yet informative. :)

Jun. 15, 2010 at 7:52 pm :

Yes, the movie is good, but read the book first!  The movie is nothing compared to the novel! 

And yes, I like to keep my reviews short because I see reviews as a from of entertainment.  I don't wanna bore anyone to death by retelling the story! 

prettygirl19 said...
Jun. 7, 2010 at 11:33 am:
I like this review. It was written well.

Jun. 9, 2010 at 2:29 pm :
Thanks so much!

insaneex said...
May 20, 2010 at 4:18 pm:
Love how you captured the work nicely. Great use of imagery :)

May 22, 2010 at 2:57 pm :
Thanks everyone :)

respecturself7 said...
May 19, 2010 at 9:55 pm:
Wow! really great review! I didn't want to watch this movie cause I'm not a Miley Cyrus fan, but I'll defiantly look into the book now.  Thanks:)