the face on the milk carton by Caroline B. Cooney | Teen Ink

the face on the milk carton by Caroline B. Cooney

By nzambrano123 BRONZE, Meriden, Connecticut
nzambrano123 BRONZE, Meriden, Connecticut

In Caroline B. Cooney suspensful novel, The Face on the Milk Carton, a sixteen year old girl Janie Johnson believes she was kidnaped when she was younger. After seeing her face on the back of a milk carton she starts having flash backs and starts to question her family. The milk carton says that she is a girl named Jennie Spring who was kidnaped from a shoping center in New Jersey. She starts realizing that she never really saw any pictures of herself as a baby and that she doesn’t have a birth certificate. She doesn’t know if she should ask her parents about it or just forget about that situation. She didn’t really tell anyone execpt for her bestfriend, and neighboor Reeve. Even though this is going on, Janie manages to find time to start a relationship with Reeve. Janie was stressed and just decieded to confront her parents about. They decided to tell Janie the true story about her childhood. I really enjoyed this book because it was realistic. It was like a girl my age and she was relatable when she was talking about boys and school. For example, while having a relationship with Reeve she describes like how she feels around him and how they kissed in the leaves and stuff. I didn’t really like how the author didn’t give you the conculusion, but I guess im going have to read the sequal. I recommend this book to anyone who likes books that are relatable and that sound realistic. Also to anyone who likes a suspensful book or mysteries. I believe that The Face on the Milk Carton is a really good book; it always left me on the edge of my seat.