The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

By kdiddy. BRONZE, Hinton, West Virginia
kdiddy. BRONZE, Hinton, West Virginia

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks took place in a small beachtown in North Carolina. This novel took place in the summer of 2009, which wasn’t to long ago. Nicholas Sparks is best known for his heart-breaking romance novels, and definitely didn’t disappoint readers with this one. It is on the Bestseller list, and is now a major motion picture.

Veronica “Ronnie” Miller was the main character. She was a 17-year-old girl, who was sent to her dad’s for the summer. She grew up all her life hating her father for what he did to her. Then she meets Will, and everything changes. Everything gets better with her father, and she falls in love. Will becomes her entire life, and she becomes his.

Ronnie faces a few problems throughout the book, but her biggest problem was her father’s illness. She began to hate herself because she spent most of the summer agruing with her father, who was getting sicker every minute. When she met Will, he already graduated high school, and had been accepted at Vanderbilt. The only problem was that Ronnie would in New York with her father. She had no idea how she could live without him. In the end, everything worked out.

Ronnie learned that there was no love like first love, and she knew she was in love with Will Blakelee. She knew she found it, and thought it could last forever.

I recommend teenage girls read this book. Nicholas Sparks is an amazing author. I loved this book!