Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows by J.K. Rowling

By Green_machine01 BRONZE, Hinton, West Virginia
Green_machine01 BRONZE, Hinton, West Virginia

"Love is like the wind, you cant see it but u can feel it"--A Walk To Remember

In Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows written by J.K. Harry Potter and his friends go on a scary thrilling journey. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows is the seventh and last book in its series. J.K. Rowling started writing these books because she was very imaginative and liked to make up her own little worlds. She has been married twice and now lives in England with her three children Jessica Arantes, David Murray and Mackenzie Murray. J.k. Rowling also owns three houses one of which is in Scotland.

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows takes place in a world like ours but it’s full of magic. Humans are called muggles and Goblins work at a bank. Witches and Wizards live with the muggles but everything muggles think and know isn’t what it appears to be.

In the book, Harry Potter and his friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger go on a mission to find and destroy the only things keeping Voldemort alive. Harry is a seventeen year old who has been through more then most wizards his age. He has fought, killed and put his life in danger many times for the ones he loves. Even when Harry was a boy he didn’t know his own strength, his future was already planned out for him, he was “The Chosen One” or more known as “The Boy Who Lived.”

Voldemort is a cruel, evil wizard who kills anyone and anything in his way. He killed Harry’s parents and many more loved ones. In the book J.K. Rowling describes him like this; “…His face shone through the gloom, hairless, snakelike, with slits for nostrils and gleaming red eyes whose pupils were vertical.” She later says he is “so pale he seems to emit a pearly gloom.” Voldemort is a scary man who on one messes with, except Harry.

Harry’s other friends Ron and Hermione have been his friends since the age of 11, their first year at Hogwarts. Ron Weasley is a big, muscular red head who ends having a break down and disappointing Harry and Hermione. Hermione Granger is a brilliant witch who always knows a spell when needed most, but she wants always dealt the best hand. However, together the three of them sacrifice more than just their lives.

In Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows you are always being surprised. Not only did Snape Become headmaster of Hogwarts after Dumbledore’s death but Harry finds out who Snape really was. Dumbledore had secrets that Harry refuses to believe and Voldemort has secrets that he doesn’t even know. Harry learns more about himself and why he is such a good wizard, even a unexpected visitor comes to explain things to Harry. House elves, wizards, goblins, witches and even enemies help Harry, Hermione and Ron finish their mission.

The Theme in this book could be many things, but the one that stands out is never giving up. Harry never gives up even when friends died and things got harder. He put everything on the line and so did his friends fighting for him. Even after Harry found out the truth he didn’t stop what he promised he would do.

This book was incredibly written, making you not want to put it down. At one time in the book the author vividly describes a room Harry is standing in, she made me feel like I was with Harry in the room seeing what he was seeing. “It was enormous, and looked rather like the interior of a particularly sumptuous tree house, or perhaps a gigantic ship’s cabin. Multicolored hammocks were strung from the ceiling and from a balcony that ran around the dark wood-paneled and windowless walls, which were covered in bright tapestry hangings: Harry saw the gold Gryffindor lion, emblazoned on scarlet; the black badger of Hufflepuff, set against yellow; and the bronze eagle of Ravenclaw, on blue. The silver and green of Slytherin alone were absent.” People who like exciting Fantasy books would love this one. However, I recommend they check out the other six first.

Its a long book.

on Dec. 1 2010 at 10:50 pm
I_am_Oleander, Dallas, Oregon

"When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions." ---Hamlet by W. Shakespeare

Good summary! I absolutely LOVE this book. With all my heart. It is my favorite out of all of the books in the series. It's been great to grow up with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, Ginny, and all of the other major characters. I'm sad that it's finally coming to an end. I was fairly disappointed with the movie though, but what's new?

on May. 6 2010 at 6:44 pm

thanks to everyone that commented