The Wide Window by Lemony Snickett | Teen Ink

The Wide Window by Lemony Snickett

April 19, 2010
By HeatherC BRONZE, Ballard, West Virginia
HeatherC BRONZE, Ballard, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In The Wide Window by Lemony Snickett, the setting takes place in a very tall house with huge, wide windows. In the land where the house was located, it was kind of swampy. Not very many people visited there.

There are five main characters in this story. Violet, who was 15 and very creative, and Klause who was around 13 or 14 and was very smart. Sunny, who was just a baby was as big as a loaf of bread. The childrens’ aunt lived in the house with the large windows. Count Olaf who was some how kin to the kids, but was evil enough to try to kill them to get their fortune. Their parents had left it behind when they died ina tragic house fire. These children have had a very rough life.

As you now know, Count Olaf will do almost anything to get their fortune. In this book Olaf disguised himself as a sailor. The ocean there was filled with man-eating creaturesand he was going to get their fortune if it was the last thing he could do. Violet, Klause, and Sunny knew that it was Olaf all along but the problem was that Olaf tricked their aunt into believing that he was as innicent man.

The lesson here is to be careful who you choose to trust. You should aslo be careful to pick your friends. You sould take causion because people are watching you where ever you go.

If you like stories with warm and happy endings, this book is not for you, however, if you like stories that end unhappily and bad, you would enjoy The Wide Window. This book was great and the ending is even better. If you want to know if Olaf gets the fourtune you will just have to read this book for yourself.