A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks

By kgw9597 BRONZE, Hinton, West Virginia
kgw9597 BRONZE, Hinton, West Virginia

" Life is a climb, but the view is great"

The book A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks Is a very touching love story about a widowed man named Miles Ryan who falls in love with Sarah Andrews, his sons’ elementary school teacher. All of this accurs in New Bern, North Carolina, two years after Missy Ryan’s death.

Miles Ryan is the deputy of New Bern. His sons’ name is Jonah. Jonah’s mother and Miles’s high school sweetheart died in a hit and run car accident. Two years later Miles is falling for Sarah Andrews, who is also getting over a marriage. They are all dynamic characters.

Miles has tried for two years to solve the murder that he has yet to accomplish. Nothing will stop him from finding out who killed his first love, his wife, and the mother of his child. Not even his job can stop him.

Sometimes getting over someone seems hard, but we all need to do it. Sarah and Miles help each other get through this hard task. Even though it seems impossible for Miles to get over Missy and move on in life.

Sarah and Miles are also tied together by a very shocking secret that will force them to reexamine everything they believe in including their love. Read the book and find out what happens to Miles, Sarah and Jonah!

A Bend in the Road is a love story. I enjoy love stories they are my favorite type of books. All of Nicholas Sparks books are love stories, and they are all the best!