After The Rain This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

After The Rain is a touching story about a girl and her grandfather. It takes place in the nineteen-eighties.The girl, Rachel, is fifteen and doesn't really know her grandfather. In the story, Rachel and her grandfather get to know one another.They spend a lot of time together.

Rachel, a constant worrier, is a bit shy, loves to write, and is a very caring person. Izzy, her grandfather, is eighty-three, a hard-set man, old-fashioned, and likes to voice his opinion.

Although the story is based on Izzy and Rachel, romance plays a part. Rachel doesn't have a boyfriend. Rachel's best friend talks to a boy named Lewis about how great Rachel is. At first Rachel is angry, but then sees Lewis likes her for herself.

After The Rain is a sensitive story and, in my opinion, a great book. It's very realistic. It's about how one girl's feelings toward her grandfather change. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it.n

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 8 at 5:52 pm
i love this !