Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/teenink-site/web/content/plus/article.php on line 111 Dangerous Minds by Louanne Johnson | Teen Book Review of instructional and nonfictionnon

Dangerous Minds by Louanne Johnson

The book “Dangerous Minds” by Louanne Johnson is an entertaining piece of non-fiction. At first I was under the impression that non-fiction was a code word for boring books about wars and animals. I was wrong. This book is about Louanne’s personal experiences as a teacher in a school with mixed races and social groups. Louanne teaches teens who are smart however are on the track to dropping out. She uses teaching styles different-and not acceptable- in the eyes of her fellow teachers but because of her methods she helps students pass high school.Many of her students even went on for college.

Louannes book proves that a teacher can make a difference in many peoples lives. If Louanne had chosen a different career path most of these kids would be out on the street doing drugs. Although the book is crudely written and is in a flashback, memoir style it has interesting stories and a great message. This book would be great for anyone interested in becoming a teacher. I would not recommend this to anyone below 14 because of swearing. Also, younger teens may not grasp the whole novels meaning and interpret it in the wrong way