An Abundance of Katherines by John Green This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

My favorite anagram for my full name is “a radical moon pun.” See, that’s pretty much what I liked about this book. The anagrams, that is. The other geeky stuff was great too, like the weird facts, but The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability was plain annoying.

Unlike every other person in this world, I hated John Green’s Looking for Alaska, but before I could say I hated the author too, I had to read another book of his book to make sure. And this book totally confirmed it.

Colin got dumped by 19 Katherines. So he takes a road trip and works on a math equation to predict love relationships. But he realizes that love is unpredictable. The End.

There’s the story. What a waste of time.

This book was awarded a Printz Honor the same time as The Book Thief. Ummm, does anyone see anything wrong with this except me? Because The Book Thief is hundreds and hundreds of times better than this!

This is praised teen fiction? I might not give up YA books yet, but I’m definitely not going to open another book of John Green’s.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

PaperIdeas said...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 7:17 pm:

I loved this book (and looking for alaska)! Ok, maybe the part about getting dumped by 19 katherines was kind of dumb, but I loved the story and characters! 

But I get what you mean. None of my friends really liked Alaska either.