The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

By gloriapaige BRONZE, Stoney Fork, Kentucky
gloriapaige BRONZE, Stoney Fork, Kentucky

The Last Song brought me through a journey of many emotions: happiness, sadness, joy, and tears. Nicholas Sparks is the author who spends a lot of his time developing his characters in this book. His stories are always sad, but touching.

This book is about a girl Veronica “Ronnie” Miller who was brought to depression/anger when her parents divorced. She was then sent to her father’s one Summer, where she felt enraged at him for splitting with her mother. She soon begins to realize, after meeting a boy name Will, how important her relationship with her father is. It changes her. Ronnie finds out a few things about her father, she wishes she would have spent more time with him, but it might be too late.

I really loved this book because it touched my heart; I’ve really never had a book to do me that way. This book brought me from smiling to tears. I cried multiple times during this novel, for reasons that you will understand when you pick up this novel. Ronnie's character is driven by her emotions, and you can feel each and every one of those emotions emanating from the pages. I personally felt for her each and every step of the way. It illustrates what love and heartbreak are. Sparks is the king of all romance novels.

I would recommend this book to many people who love the concept of love and heartbreak. You’ll have to read it to understand the greatness of it; you will really get your heart touched. For those who don’t like reading books, then I recommend you go watch the movie. It comes out March 31, 2010. I give this book 5 out of 5 hearts.