Watership Down | Teen Ink

Watership Down MAG

By Anonymous

   Trouble in the warren, mutiny, a long journey, the new found home, fighting to set the imprisoned free, and finally fighting to protect yourself and your new home. Sound interesting? Would you believe it's about a mismatched group of rabbits? Well, it is. In this particular warren, there is a young rabbit, Fiver, who can sense things that are going to happen in the future. And for his warren, he senses trouble, big trouble. He goes to the chief rabbit to warn him. But no one believes him at first, except his older brother, Hazel. The story turns to mutiny. The rebel rabbits who were not caught by the Owsla (the rabbit form of police) embark on a long journey to find Fiver's vision of a safe home. Once they find this place, they are happy until they realize that there is not a single doe (female rabbit) among them. Then they hear about a warren whose chief rabbit is harsh and cruel, so they plan a way to help the imprisoned rabbits escape. Will they succeed? Read Watership Down and find out.

This book is full of adventures and stories of El-ahrairah (the legendary prince of rabbits). Richard Adams has detailed everything in such a way that you really believe rabbits live this way. There is even a glossary to help you with some of the rabbits' language. This book is ideal for the in-depth and fantasy reader. n