Pure. by Terra Elan McVoy | Teen Ink

Pure. by Terra Elan McVoy

By Broadwaybabe BRONZE, Middletown, New Jersey
Broadwaybabe BRONZE, Middletown, New Jersey

The book Pure by Terra Elan McVoy is about a group of young girls who take a vow of chastity until marriage, symbolized by wearing purity rings on their ring fingers. The main characters name is Tabitha, who is trying to figure out her own love life, while one of her friends breaks the promise of purity that they all had made. Tabitha comes to terms with her friend’s decision, but what happens when one of the girls in their group of friends does not? Will the girl who broke her promise be shunned or accepted? What will happen to Tabitha for supporting her friend? Will the group of friends ever be the same again?
This book describes the conflicts that teenage girls face everyday in today’s society. Many girls are pressured into doing things they do not want to do because of media, or just their friends telling them what’s “cool”. This story is bout girls that make their own decisions and mistakes, and what they do to deal with the consequences. It gives the clash of friendship vs. beliefs, and the sadness of friendships growing apart. At times the book was slow moving, and this is defiantly a book targeted toward the teenaged girl audience. Overall, this is a book that is heart warming and can really get the readers thinking about their own values and beliefs.

RBJones1 said...
I just finished reading this book and I honestly loved it. It told the truths of people and their judgements, but when it comes to someone you really love, you're able to eventually look past it and just move on. I loved the fact that it taught you about the Lord as well