The Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Bird kids? Not exactly a topic that brings most people in.

My friend came into school with a book her older sister made her read, Maximum Ride by James Patterson (as listed above). She told me I should read it, and being a post twi-hard I was looking for another great book. So I shoved my Dad off to the library with a book title and a dream, and BOOM! A new obsession hit.

It’s something a lot of people would call “science fiction for people who don’t like science fiction,” but I for one am a HUGE sci-fi reader, and, again, I loved it. Well, not it, THEM, really. I was pleasantly surprised to find out there are actually SIX books- The Angel Experiment, School’s Out- Forever, Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, the Final Warning, MAX and FANG, a new release that just came out on March 15 (2010).

So, the plot: Six kids, six-year-old Angel, eight-year-old Gazzy (the Gasman), eleven-year-old Nudge, fourteen-year-old Iggy (who is blind), and the main characters that make the series a romance, fourteen-year-old, dark, mysterious (and possibly emo) Fang, and then, the marvelous, strong, girl (yes, boys- girl!) leader, the great MAXIMUM RIDE! Or simply Max. Yes, SHE IS A GIRL! A lot of people don’t figure that out for a while.

And those kids, born normal, were sold by their biological parents to a horrid science lab called… THE SCHOOL! (dun dun da DUN!) They were sold to science, and the sick “white coats” gave them FLIPPING WINGS. And we’re not talking little butterfly wings, the older ones have wing spans at about 14 feet! No biggy, just hold them in and act natural, right? WRONG!

They are a prize to the naïve government, but simply a mistake to scientists. 98% human, 2% BIRD. And so the evil monsters created another hybrid (they just don’t learn, do they?) called erasers. I know what you’re thinking… dun dun da DUN! And those things are built to KILL. Without an adult aid (at least at the beginning) the brave, courageous kids are forced out of their home when the erasers capture Angel and bring her back to the school for some mind-numbing experiments (ahem, THE ANGEL EXPERIMENT) and execution. And the all-powerful flock isn’t just going to take that without a fight, are they? Let their precious genius mind reader/controller o a six-year-old slip from their fingers? Nope. They’re going to fight. And when bird kids go in public, you know that for a while they’ll be on the run. And if you don’t know (or do) READ THJE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, they beat out TWILIGHT on my list. I believe that I’ve told you enough to get you interested, so don’t let me down, GO OUT AND READ THE BOOKS!!!!!!

rockyraccoon said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 1:01 am:
I have read all the maximum ride books and they are all good also incase you haven't read it theirs also a new one called angel and its one of the best ones in the series.

readlikecrazy10 said...
okay, i propbably won't write a review of Maximum Ride: the Manga anytime soon, (Though I might), so i just wanted to suggest them to you. They're GREAT. :) and thanks for reading :)

emily.a said...
May 27, 2010 at 10:56 am:
OK..you've made it sound interesting what with your 'dun dun da DUN!'so i'm going to give it a try. thanks

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Jun. 12, 2010 at 2:37 pm :
thanks! it just kinda came to me... we learn a lt about using voice in school, and i think a lot of my voice showed in this piece. :) it's one of my favorites that i've writen... i'm glad you liked it, and that you'll try them. you'll be hooked! :)

readlikecrazy10 said...
why doesn't writing those comments work? PLZ RATE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!! I said please! plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Apr. 29, 2010 at 3:07 pm :
(but thanks to those who do)

readlikecrazy10 replied...
May 1, 2010 at 1:34 pm :
anybody else have anything to say? please?

readlikecrazy10 replied...
May 9, 2010 at 9:03 am :
here we are, 8 days later.... still waiting... oh, sigh...

readlikecrazy10 replied...
May 14, 2010 at 6:37 pm :

and it's the 14th.... PLEASE?

readlikecrazy10 said...
people PLEASE rate and comment!  if you didnt like my article, TELL ME! if you did like it, well, that's always nice to hear. was it funny? was it boring? was it great? was it terrible? JUST PLZ TELL ME! and fang- crazed girls, please let me know im not alone! :) :) thanks a lot, i really appreciate it! :) :):) :) (i even have smilies to prove it!)

WiseGirl replied...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 3:13 pm :
You are not alone about Fang!

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 4:23 pm :
That's always good to know! :) 

soccerplayer03 said...
I read the Maximum Ride series as well and found them really good books. Fly on.

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Apr. 13, 2010 at 3:53 pm :
:) Fang's quote... :) totally team fang... fly on to you, too! :)

readlikecrazy10 said...
Apr. 10, 2010 at 9:05 am:
okay, great. my spell check malfunctioned. i meant OF a six year old and read THE books. sorry.