Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card

This book gets shunned by people just because it’s science fiction (e.g. Ryan!), but one really doesn’t have to be a sci-fi junkie to like this book (If you want proof, then here I am. I’m your exemplary living example.)

It’s more than aliens, spaceships, and time travel; it’ also about war and leadership. And I know that at this point no one is convinced. Like Ryan said, “If you’re telling me that a sci-fi book about war is something I’m supposed to find appealing, then I don’t know how you’ve been my friend this long.”

My reply to this is: “It don’t matter whacha like; this book’s gonna keep you interested.” See, you might open this book doubtingly, but you’re going to be pulled into the story and before you know it you’re already reaching the end.

And the characters are really something. They aren’t simply defined as the good, the evil, the hero, and the villain. The characters have been on both ends. And it’s so interesting to read about Ender’s character—how the control of adults affected him, his struggle to remain good and not a killing machine, his decisions in circumstances, etc.

The ending caught me unawares. It was a sharp turn away from the path, and I’m so glad that’s how it turned out. And I loved the very, very last part of the book; it holds a lot promise for the next books.

So try this book! It’s an incredible story. Prepare to be blown away.

Alpha-Lyrae said...
Apr. 10, 2010 at 8:41 am
Yes, I totally agree, this is an amazing book. I love Petra........

bookcrazy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 10, 2010 at 9:18 am
Mmhmm, and I need to get my hands on the second book. ;)

Alpha-Lyrae replied...
Apr. 10, 2010 at 9:41 am
I've also read Ender's Shadow and Shadow of the Hegemon, bot of which were amazing!