Life As We Knew It (Moon, #1) by Susan Beth Pfeffer | Teen Ink

Life As We Knew It (Moon, #1) by Susan Beth Pfeffer

By bookcrazy PLATINUM, Rocky Hill, Connecticut
bookcrazy PLATINUM, Rocky Hill, Connecticut

If you are a die-hard science fiction fan, you might not like this book. I’m not sure how likely it is that a meteor can push the moon closer to Earth and cause earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, etc. I think scientists could have predicted that the meteor was too big and prepared the people for the catastrophe. However, we can’t be too critical, because that’s not what this book focuses on. It’s about one family. It’s about the strength they had to muster inside themselves to survive and their increasing love for each other as the world seemed to get smaller and smaller.

This is very eye opening book. When I read it, it felt so real. It was as if I was living in it. It got me terrified and weirdly paranoid, and only when I raised my head reluctantly from the book did I realize that it wasn’t happening to me. I took in all things in my house that were running on electricity, the food in the kitchen if I got hungry, the heater to keep me warm. It’s going to make you think, and when you look around yourself, you’re going to see the world differently. Life as you know it now is going to change after you read this book.