Scorpia by Anthony Horowitz | Teen Ink

Scorpia by Anthony Horowitz

March 17, 2010
By TheSuperHerper BRONZE, Waxhaw, North Carolina
TheSuperHerper BRONZE, Waxhaw, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“There was a moment of blinding pain, a flash of white light, and then nothing.” (54) Alex Rider is not a normal boy. Everybody thinks that there is something strange with him. Well, they are right. Alex Rider is a fourteen-year old teenage spy that works for the MI6, a secret agent company in London, his hometown. Alex Rider was recruited by the MI6 because his uncle worked for the same agency.


Alex saved the world many times before, now he has to do the same, for the fifth time. Alex joined a terrorist group, Scorpia, because he was told his father worked there a long time ago. He was also told that his own agency, the MI6, killed his father. Now Alex is seeking revenge. Scorpia gladly let him join; they figured he was very talented and skilled just like his father, who worked there a long time ago. “John Rider was one of our most effective operatives and he was training others who would become as effective as he was”. (117) After being absorbed into Scorpia, he became one of them, but what he didn’t know was that thousands of innocent London school children would die with Scorpia’s new weapon, the Invisible Sword. “We know about Invisible Sword. The question is-what are we going to do?” (228)


Anthony Horowitz, a wonderful author inspired by James Bond, does another outstanding job putting this book together. He writes in a page turning, suspenseful way to make sure you are attached to his writing. I found this book amazingly hard to put down, I was hooked. From the suspense to the non stopping action, I recommend this book to all readers that love action and adventure. Anthony Horowitz takes this book to the next level that no one can imagine.


The author's comments:
I love action packed books, and this is a really good one.