Pet Sematary | Teen Ink

Pet Sematary MAG

Pet Sematary

by Stephen King

"It's Gage! Mommy! It's Gage! Gage is alive! Gage has got the knife from Daddy's bag! Don't let him get me! Don't let him get Daddy!"

Ellie Creed said this after she had a bad dream. It clearly illustrates typical Stephen King style that keeps the reader on the edge of his seat.

Dr. Louis Creed moves from Chicago, Illinois to Ludlow, Maine to work as a new director of health at the university. That's when the trouble begins in this strange little town. It all starts when his neighbor takes him to the pet cemetery behind his house. However, after Louis learns that there is a Micmac Indian burial ground behind the cemetery which can bring his cat back from the dead, he is virtually forced to do it by the powers that the burial ground possesses.

Pet Sematary is a very powerful novel written by a great horror writer. The plot of this novel is slow at first. Later it moves to an extremely fast pace that builds up a lot of tension. There are some very frightening scenes; one of the most terrifying involves a bloodthirsty two-year-old boy. Even though the book is 370 pages long, there are enough moments of fright for readers to enjoy it.

Pet Sematary is a great read that will keep the reader awake on a cold winter night. .

Review by M. F., New City, NY

i love this !