The Joy Luck Club This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

After I read this book, I knew why it had spent nine months on the New York Times bestseller list. This book, very well written by Amy Tan, was her first book ever and I think she did an exceptional job. The story goes back and forth between the lives of four Chinese women who live in pre-1949 China and the lives of their American-born daughters in California. She uses dialogue perfectly and I don't want to ruin it for you by telling what happens. But believe me, you have just got to check this book out for yourself. It is a fabulous book to read whenever you have nothing to do. And once you've started reading, you will find it very hard to put down. It is no wonder that they made a movie from it, but in my opinion, you should read the book before you see the movie because it is much better. I had a great time reading The Joy Luck Club and I hope you will too. .

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 5:15 pm
i love this !