Twilight

Twilight

When my friend first recommended Twilight, I was interested. Of course, I asked what it was about. When she replied, “Vampires,” I burst out laughing. I was almost certain it was going to be an unskillfully written book, with lots of gory fight scenes, and so on. However, when I started reading, I was completely drawn into Bella's world. Stephenie Meyer succeeds in turning a classic tale about vampires into a thrilling, yet romantic novel.
Bella is a normal high school student. She lives with her mother, Renee and stepfather, Phil, who is trying to become a professional baseball player. Phil and Renee must travel all around the country for his games, thus, Bella moves to Forks to live with her father, Charlie. Forks is a small town, with dreary weather – a far cry from sunny Phoenix. When Bella starts school, she immediately notices a group of four, beautiful students. They have perfect porcelain skin, topaz eyes – almost inhuman. Her friend explains to her how they don't consult with other students, they keep to themselves, and no one seems to mind. Except Bella; she instantaneously is drawn to Edward. Little does she know, he is immensely drawn to her.
One day, as Bella is walking to her truck, a car careens out of control on the ice. Out of nowhere comes Edward. He literally stops the car just by leaning his shoulder against it and saves Bella's life. From then on, Edward and Bella start hesitantly spend more time together. Edward soon lets Bella in on his secret - he is a vampire, and is extremely attracted to her blood. The couple soon fall in deeply in love, well aware of the danger they are causing to each other.
Twilight is an excellent read because it keeps you on the edge of your seat and is completely unpredictable. It's a uniquely romantic novel that you're sure to read quickly and enjoy immensely.

JoPepper said...
One thing I didn't get with this book thogh was that Bella was like invisible at her other school. But now all the guys are all over her.

JoPepper said...
I so agree!!! I used to be terrified of vampires then I read twilight and I wanted Everything to do with vampires.  My friend calls edward a fairy too. But he doesn't know that chicks dig fairys!!!! Team Edward:D 

alexisabandoned This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i'm sorry. i was in school, i got up from my computer for a few minutes, and my friend typed that. i couldn't figure out how to delete it.

loopybanana replied...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 9:32 am
lol d>_<b

Oct. 21, 2010 at 11:29 am
he's. not. a. SPARKLE FAIRY! gosh. ):

readaholic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
who said anthing about a..sparkle fairy, you said?

Lilihua This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You did a great job describing the book!