The Hobbit | Teen Ink

The Hobbit MAG

Does anybody know what a hobbit is? Most readers do not , until they stumble uponJ.R.R. Tolkien's wonderful fantasy novel, entitled The Hobbit. Then, not only arethey enlightened, they are captivated and enchanted as well. The Hobbit is a bookthat will completely engross the reader. This is the kind of book that one willnot put down until done.

It all starts as a peaceful day for BilboBaggins, a cheerful, chubby, and mannerly hobbit. A normal day, only to bechanged into a day he will never forget. It all begins when Gandalf, a wise andpowerful wizard, pays a visit to Bilbo's comfortable hole. The adventurecommences and Bilbo Baggins on a fantastic quest, along with Dwalin, Balin, Kili,Fili, Dori, Nori, Ori, Oin, Gloin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, and last but definitelynot least, Thorin. This group of thirteen dwarves, and one hobbit to make theparty lucky, head toward the Misty Mountain to reclaim Thorin's legendaryinheritance from the feared dragon, Smaug. But they have to get there first.Encountering monsters, from goblins to wolves to huge spiders, and friends, theForest Elves and the Eagles, they conquer all fears and proceed to the palace ofThorin's ancestors, where Smaug dwells, guarding his stolen wealth. But evenafter Smaug is killed, a war over the reclaimed treasure develops, only tosnowball into the Battle of Five Armies. Eventually, all ends well, with all thetreasure fairly divided.

From this adventure, Bilbo the "Burglar" goesthrough enormous change. Bilbo, a quiet, peace-loving hobbit, lives through aperilous journey and survives to tell his grandchildren. This story shows that noone really knows what lies within. Everyone, including Mr. Baggins, has a hiddentalent, which must be found and used.

Many times, especially in today'sworld, obstacles obstruct one from continuing toward hopes or dreams. Nothingshould stand in the way. This tale shows that anyone can change, overcome anyproblem and learn to adapt.

This novel is a most stirring adventure, whichcan be read over and over and never become boring. However, it is not only agreat piece of literary work, but it can also be related to in many ways. This isone of those novels that will never collect dust.

i love this !

coolmoney said...
on Jul. 29 2011 at 10:18 am
cool reviewi all ways liked the hobbit

TristonAdams BRONZE, Parkersburg, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I liked your review.  Good job.