Anthem | Teen Ink

Anthem MAG

"I am, I think, I will. My hands, my spirit, my sky, my forest, this earth is mine."

Far into the future, one man dared to seek the meaning of this forbidden statement and stood apart from the crowd, even at the risk of being put to death for the unmentionable crime of being an individual.

In the novel Anthem, the main character's name is Equality 7-2521. He is a street sweeper who brings an invention to the Council of the Scholars. From then on he is persecuted for not working for the good of MEN, but instead working toward the benefit of a single man.

The main idea behind the story is that socialism is not the best form of government. In fact, if projected into the future, this country, actually the whole world, could become one conformist state where individuality would definitely be suppressed.

The main thing about this story is the politics projected into the future, and it talks about things that people should be concerned about, or at least consider the possibility of occurring.

I enjoyed reading this book. It has opened my eyes to a lot of important issues. I would recommend Anthem to everyone, although I believe that certain people will take it differently, like a Democrat and a Republican, because of the different political views. .

i love this !