Like Water For Chocolate This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

This is Laura Esquivel's first book and it has been a huge success. It has been on the bestseller list in Mexico and was made into a movie.

It tells the story of a Mexican family but focuses mainly on the forbidden love of Tita, the youngest daughter of the family. As the youngest daughter, family tradition dictates she devote her life to caring for her aging mother. Therefore, she is not allowed to marry. When she falls in love with a childhood sweetheart, Roberto, her mother is unyielding and refuses to end the tradition. She does, however, negotiate a marriage between Roberto and one of Tita's sisters. Roberto consents because he knows it will enable him to live in the same household as Tita and be as close as possible.

This makes for an interesting story, written in an incredibly unique style. I loved it and am anxiously awaiting a second book by Laura Esquivel. .