The Great Train Robbery This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Great Train Robbery is a splendid book in which Crichton portrays the late 1800's precisely. The center of the book's action focuses around Edward Pierce who is somewhat of an enigma. No one is sure where he comes from, but he is able to blend in with the wealthy high-brows and still navigate the notorious London underground. Who would suspect that this man could mastermind the most daring crime of the century?

This book is excellent (as are all of Crichton's other books, including The Terminal Man, Eaters of the Dead, Sphere, and his latest, Lost World). In this book Crichton uses strong language to create pictures of such amazing detail that you think you're there. He describes Pierce and his cronies' exact moves and how they spent a year planning and practicing for their final feat.

Crichton's tales are so vividly detailed they keep you hanging on the edge of your seat for more. When you finish, they stay lodged in your head for days