Kon Tiki by Thor Heyerdahl | Teen Ink

Kon Tiki by Thor Heyerdahl MAG

How does a middle-aged biologist end up traveling 4,300 miles on a balsa wood raft across the Pacific? That's the conundrum of Thor Heyerdahls's colleagues and this true story. On April 28, 1947, Heyerdaul and five others sailed off the coast of Peru to the South Sea Islands to prove his theory that the Polynesian culture had successfully completed the voyage years ago. Beforehand, he publicized his theory to his colleagues, but they simply threw it away. This was a mistake because Heyerdaul duplicated the voyage down to a hair and would soon prove it true. Day after day, month after month, he prepared the vessel. From Peru, they embarked for a voyage that would last 101 days, but seem like a lifetime.

The reader of Kon-Tiki will capture its moral values. Learn about Thor Heyerdaul's and his crew's insight into life as they risk their lives to prove history. Discover the author's theme "Don't give up, and follow your dreams," as he takes you on an adventure of a lifetime. Learn how storm after storm, shark after shark, leak after leak, they solved their problems.

Kon-Tiki is said to be an enjoyable book to those liking adventure. One might say that this book rolls on sometimes, but at other times, it can be extremely exciting. This true story contains an adventure that will throw you off the wall and put you in near-death situations, so be prepared! .

i love this !