Hotlanta by Denne Millner and Mitzi Miller | Teen Ink

Hotlanta by Denne Millner and Mitzi Miller

By Paula Porto BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Paula Porto BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

You watch your sister everyday. You hear people say bad things about you, and good things about your sister. “Ew! Lauren is so ugly!” … “Sydney and Lauren do not look like twin sisters.” … “I’m so glad I’m Sydney’s friend instead of Lauren’s.” … “Lauren can’t get anyone if you compare her to Sydney!” This setting shows that even though Lauren and Sydney have all of the money in the world, they don’t have friendship; they have friends’ just not real friends. Denene Millner and Mitzi Mller’s novel Hotlanta, and interesting book that every girl should read.

While reading this book, I thought that it was kind of boring. In the first few pages, to me the book was so boring I wanted to stop reading, but I kept reading and the book started to get better. The book was actually really good after the 30th page, the book was really funny. Something that I really liked about this book was that it was modern. It talked about famous people and famous rappers from the century, such as Ne-yo, Usher, Marcus and etc… Almost everyone in the book Hotlanta had modern cell phones; lots of people in the book had sidekicks.

I recommend this book to girls in middle school throughout high school, and maybe some girls in elementary school. I recommend this book to girls around that age because of the style of the book and because of what the book talks about. The characters in the book really just kind of shows what the typical life of a teenage rich girl is all about. And with girls at the age, that is basically all the want to know about. Thos are some of the reasons why I recommend the book Hotlanta to that age of group.

Hotlanata, the novel written by Dene Millner and Mitzi Mile. This novel about these two twins that have the perfect life, and have everything they want. That doesn’t mean that they are always happy, they are actually not happy at all. So that basically means that no matter how much money you have, in life, all that matters is friendship. Friendship mea true friends that are always there for you. Two teenagers are kind of growing up. They are just living the perfect teenage rich if. But, they also have things they regret doing. The twins have boy trouble, the fight with each other a lot, and their mother is a snob and ignorant. So like I said before, he general message of the book is friendship.

In conclusion, even though the characters in the book have everything in the world, and well at least everything they want, they don’t have each other. And in my opinion that’s what really need, they need each other’s friendship!

1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Thank you so much, I worked really hard on this!

Zeza said...
Good job Paula P.

on Mar. 6 2010 at 9:46 am
Ladekeye BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Congtaz Paula !