Two-Minute Drill by Mike Lupica | Teen Ink

Two-Minute Drill by Mike Lupica

March 2, 2010
By wilkerson pierre BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
wilkerson pierre BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

At the moment you go right pass the book Two-Minute Drill and you look at the front cover of this novel and you think it is stupid well from my opinion I don’t think it is. I am going to tell you a little bit about it. There is a kid named Scott Parry he moved to a new town and has a bully…. If you want to know more then keep reading if you hate it so far and you want to stop reading then you can stop reading. But if you stop reading then you’re going to miss a book review on a comeback kid novel.

Two-Minute Drill is a good novel this is a realistic fiction book. I like how the book is about football because I like football. What I don’t like about the book is how the main character has a bully because lots of books already have bullies in them.

So far in the book there is a kid named Scott parry who came to a new town and goes to a new school. At his new school he is called the brain because he is the smartest kid in his class. He has a bully in his class who is good at football and Scott wants to be good at football too. He applies for the football team although he is not good at football he still made the team. He has a friend named Chris who is good at football they both made a deal if Chris would help Scott with football Scott would help Chris with his secret but they have two weeks. Will these two friends stay on the football team?

I think one of the themes is nobody’s perfect because Scott is smart but he wants to be good at football. Scott told his dad that if he could change something about himself he would trade some of his smartness and turn it into football skills. And Chris has a secret and he thinks of himself as stupid and so I think the author is trying to say is everybody is going to have a challenge in their life.

In conclusion I recommend this novel to people who like football because it is a novel mostly about football. If you think your going to hate the book Two Minute Drill well then that is your loss if you think your going like then go get that book now