Inexcusable by Chris Lynch | Teen Ink

Inexcusable by Chris Lynch

By Camille421 BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Camille421 BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

High school action. Under aged drinking and drugs being consumed. Untruthful sisters, mistaken love, and a weakening father. This is an example of the drama that happens in the book Inexcusable by Chris Lynch. Inexcusable, the drama filled book, is somewhat hard to understand but the story itself is good.

Inexcusable is about a high school senior boy named Kier. As for all his classmates around him, they think that he is a great, innocent guy. He feels the same way also. Specifically, he thinks that nothing is wrong with him, but he crippled someone playing football and doesn’t think anything is wrong with that. One thing that he doesn’t understand is that he isn’t perfect and he shows his dark side to Gigi, the one companion that he calls his “best friend”. He also learns that his sisters are not what he thought them to be, for they lied to him about having a test when they really didn’t want to go to his graduation. As a result, this book is a realistic fiction book and anything is bound to happen.

Chris Lynch, the author of Inexcusable has a unique writing style. It’s almost like two stories are going on at once. Plus, it was like he purposefully took awhile to explain one thing, and that could get the reader to go off topic and get confused about the story. In my opinion that wasn’t a positive because it made the book hard to comprehend. Though that was a negative, there are many great features to the book. For example, the characters were amazing, and had a strong impact on the story. Also, each character had a vivid personality, even the characters that weren’t fully included in the story.

Inexcusable is a very broad book, and if I were to rate it I would rate it in parts. As for the story itself and the moral of the story it deserves 4.6 out of 5. The whole point of the story is very moving and can make people think about how they really are. Also, if I were to rate the set up of the book it would be 4.1 out of 5 because you don’t really get what is going on until the end of the story, but the book makes my anxiety go up and makes me want to read more.

Some improvements that the author could have made were to think about other people’s point of view and make the book clearer, so he shouldn’t have made Kier’s thoughts so detailed; detail can be good but too much can make the reader confused and bored. Also, Lynch could have made the setting as detailed as the characters, for you can easily picture the characters but the setting was not as clear, which could have made the book four times better. Other than that the book itself was okay.

From all the positives and the negatives of this book, Inexcusable has a great life story. What I learned is that you’re not always who you think you are. In Inexcusable that is the point that is being made, and some people don’t see it if it hits them in the face. It is also great to see how the author shows everyone’s point of view of Kier and to see if they are wrong or right about who he is.

All and all, Inexcusable is a fairly decent book. Kier gets his heart broken by his sisters because they lied to him about wanting to come to his high school graduation. He faces problems with drugs and alcohol. Last but not least he cripples a guy in football. Being a teen for Kier is about the hardest thing in his life.

on Mar. 6 2010 at 9:37 am
Ladekeye BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Great Job Camille !

on Mar. 4 2010 at 8:55 pm
cambridge_scholar BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts

"Situation normal, Captian! SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL!!!

Well done!

on Mar. 4 2010 at 8:02 pm
mgirma12 BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Camille I Like your review!!! Its really good!!!!!!

on Mar. 4 2010 at 7:17 pm
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
GOOD JOB I LOVE IT!