The Outsiders Review | Teen Ink

The Outsiders Review

February 26, 2010
By christtyymarie BRONZE, Topping, Virginia
christtyymarie BRONZE, Topping, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"life is like a box of choclates, you never know what ya going to get" -forest gump


The Outsider is an awesome book to read if you’re a teen. It really relates to the world of teens, like the Socs and the Greasers are the same as our Preps and Punks. The Outsiders is about two groups, the Socs and The greasers. The greasers are a gang that is always into trouble with the cops. On the other side is the socs, a preppy, rich kid subsidy that gets away with everything and beat up greasers. This is one of many of my favorite books. This is a really marvelous book at read on a rainy day. ‘The Outsiders’ is 180 pages of awesome reading.

It is about a young teenage boy named Ponyboy who is in a gang called The Greasers with his friends, Johnny, Two-bit, Dally, and Steve and his two brothers Darry, and Soda. Pony is the youngest member of the greasers then there’s Jonny. Jonny is older than pony and tougher too. One time Jonny and pony were walking home the long way when they ran into some Socs. Two Socs grabbed jonny and Ponyboy and was beating them up. One of the Socs began to drown Ponyboy. Jonny got his switchblade out and stabbed Bob, ponyboy’s attacker. Blood flooded the water, Jonny had killed Bob.

Jonny was shocked and pony was horrified. They didn’t know what to do so; they went to the one person that could help, Dally. Dally gave them a gun, some money, and some warm close; they were off in to the darkness. They when to an old abandoned church on a hill. It was night by the time they reached the church. That morning jonny went to the store to get bleach to dye their hair so their identities are hinted.

The Outsiders is a wonderful book to read as a teen. I highly recommend it to teenagers in Junior High or High School students. The above is only a small part of this amazing book. It is full of action and tragedy.

The best book that I have ever read is the outsiders. Go out and read the book today.

The author's comments:
I read this book as an indenpendent book project and did a book review on it for techsteps.