The Lottery Winner This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Lottery Winner is another illustrious novel courtesy of Mary Higgins Clark. I have been privileged to read several of her books and continue to read her presently.

This book contains several short stories, all of which are really enjoyable and exciting. The Lottery Winner is untypical of Clark in that there are several short stories, but it's just as exciting and suspenseful as her other books. I'm the type of reader who has difficulty understanding and getting interested in books and

Clark has a way of writing that makes her books

easy to comprehend.

The main character is Alvirah Meehan. Alvirah and her plumber husband, Willy, made their debut as characters in Weep No More, My Lady. She is a house cleaner until one day when she wins the New York State lottery jackpot for $40 million. She then travels around the country and manages to get herself involved in several predicaments where she is forced to utilized her investigative skills to solve problems. Alvirah is a beautifully described character who you will definitely develop a trust and understanding for.

This is the type of book that you just can't put down. In this collection of stories, Alvirah, accompanied by Willy, investigates an old murder on Cape Cod. They also help a fellow lottery winner get her winnings, solve a murder of a golfer, and track down a kidnapper in time to bring the baby home for Christmas. Mary Higgins Clark has created a character in Alvirah who is charming and cordial. The stories in this book are exciting, suspenseful, and humorous at the same time. She had me reading until midnight with this one.

This is a book that everyone will love!! .