Warriors Rising Storm by Erin Hunter | Teen Ink

Warriors Rising Storm by Erin Hunter

February 26, 2010
By SuperSam BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
SuperSam BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

“'Fire! Wake Up!' Fireheart yowled. Frostfur stumbled out of the warriors' den, her eyes wide with fear. 'We must leave the camp at once!' Fireheart ordered. 'Tell Bluestar the forest is on fire!'” This excerpt shows the exciting and thrilling cliffhangers on the end of many pages. Warriors Rising Storm, a phenomenal sequel to Warriors Forest of Secrets, is a book that you won't put down once you pick it up.

Firstly, Erin Hunter's book, Warriors Rising Storm, is set in the fantasy genre. The type of the author's writing is a narration style and she likes to include many characters and dramatic scenes that keep your eyes glued to the page. Once you get the book the words will sparkle in your eyes, the sentences will wrap around your mind, and every scene will jump around your imagination. Something else that I like is all the cliffhangers that you can find at the end of every page, chapter, and even books! I also like that you float very lightly through the story, as if you were a cloud; I also like that it's very descriptive and it makes you feel like you are watching everything thats going on. The story's many themes are something I enjoy and I think one of them is that anxiety and pressure can push a person forward or draw them back. Even though I like all the characters and their many different personalities, I dislike how quickly they introduce almost every character because for me, at least, I was constantly checking who each character was because of the great amount.

Secondly, this is a great book because of everything that goes on in the storyline. It starts out with a cat, named Fireheart, who has recently become deputy of his clan, ThunderClan. There are 4 clans, ThunderClan, RiverClan, WindClan, Shadowclan, and an afterlife clan for cats who have died, StarClan. Each clan has a leader and each leader has a deputy, the clans have warriors that fight for their clans, queens that care for or are expecting kits, apprentices that learn to become warriors, elders who were once warriors or queens, and medicine cats that share tongues with StarClan and care for the cats in their clans. Early in the book Fireheart's apprentice, Cloudpaw, is kidnapped by Twolegs, humans. While Fireheart is apprentice-less, he struggles with his job, due to his mentally scarred leader, who does nothing after she was attacked by the former deputy, Tigerclaw, who was banished from the clan. With the traitor loose in the forest, Fireheart fears what is to happen to his clan.. How will Fireheart and his clan survive, and what will happen to them with a rising storm?

Thirdly, I learned many things from this book. One thing I learned was that cats might be doing things that people would have never imagined. I also learned about the series from my friends Brennan Lee, Daynie Thongsavatdy, and Grace Yin. I recommend Warriors Rising Storm because it is a thrilling joyride that will keep you on the edge of you seat. Although the story explains everything before it, I recommend that you read the first book in the first series, Warriors Into The Wild, because Warriors Rising Storm is the 4th book out of 6 books in the series. Even though it is a great book, I must rate it a fierce 8 out of 10 paws.

All in all, Warriors Rising Storm is a great book that you should definitely buy or check out. Something that you should know is that Erin Hunter is actually 4 people, 3 are writers and they are Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, and Tui Sutherland; there is also one editor who's name is Victoria Holmes. Erin Hunter is such a good writer, that she will please and entertain almost everybody that reads her books. Once you pick Warriors Rising Storm up, you will not put it down. The book is extremely exciting and it will keep you wanting more as you read through all the series's, Warriors, Warriors The New Prophecy, Warriors Power of Three, and Warriors Omen of the Stars!