Bridge to Teribithia by Kathleen Patterson | Teen Ink

Bridge to Teribithia by Kathleen Patterson

By katysjhs BRONZE, Seth, West Virginia
katysjhs BRONZE, Seth, West Virginia

This book is about a boy name Jesse Aarons. He wants to be the faster runner in the 5th grade. He practices every morning before everyone is up. He meets up with his new neighbor Leslie Burke who is a tom boy. When school starts back she wants to run with the boys and leaves all in the dust.
Jesse and Leslie become closer friends. They spent almost every day together. They create a magical place called Terrabithia. Leslie decides to go there alone one day and hits her head and drowns. It’s a life changing day for Jesse.

It’s about Jesse and Leslie. They are neighbors and also soul mates. They create this imaginary world called Terabithia. He loves to hear her stories. He feels complete when he is with her. Leslie drowns and Jesse has to learn to deal with the death of his best friend at a very young age

This book is a very sad book. It’s about a boy and a girl who become best friends and depends on each other to be happy. They have a secret, magical place they go to daily. One day Jesse with an away with the music teacher and Leslie decides to go to Terrabithia alone. It’s been raining a lot and you have to use a swing rope to cross the water to get there. Leslie slips and hits her head and dies. Jesse’s parents thought he had died to. They didn’t know where he was. When he got home they were relieved but also sad

This book is very sad. It helps young people to deal with the loss of a friend. They should have stayed together and not went alone then maybe the ending would have been better. I would have liked the book better if Leslie hadn’t died in the end. My wonders are did he ever find a friend like her?
Your final review

It was a good book. I just do not like the sad endings. Leslie made Jesse feel complete and it’s sad that she had died and her family moved away.

I give this book four stars out of five stars.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Mar. 6 2010 at 8:19 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

I hated the book. But I have to admit, I cried at the end.....

cambridge_scholar BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts

"Situation normal, Captian! SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL!!!

Nice article! I like the book too, although I agree, the end was sad.