Holes by Louis Sachar | Teen Ink

Holes by Louis Sachar

By Seamus Donaldson BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Seamus Donaldson BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Stanley a boy in the wrong place at the wrong time is faced with the biggest problem of his teen life. When he finds him self holding a shovel in the middle of a desert digging holes taller than him self the story jots in to full blast and the adventure begins. The two hundred and thirty odd pages in this book are worth every last minute spent reading it. The book takes different phases through out the story and will explain every scene to the fullest. The story behind the cover will leave you wanting more bits and pieces. This is why the book Holes, a fantastic book, is a must read.
The story Holes by Louis Sachar is a fantastic book. In the story the main character Stanley Yelnats a normal teenager who has a normal life, until a pair of shoes land in his arms then destiny takes control. Every last bit is leading up to the extraordinary end. Mean while Stanley is trapped in a desert with barley anything yet he finds adventure and maybe more. Stanley does the most daring and wild things through out the story. When you put your self in Stanley’s shoes you will find your self-running, jumping, digging, hiding, and all the other great things this book has in store for you.
The volume will show you not one or even two but will show you three different stories! When you dig further into the book you will learn about historical figures like
Kissin Kate Barlow, Onion Man Sam, and Madam Zeroni. The book will make you think harder when you are introduced to new bits of the past. That is if you decide to dig further into the book.

Louis Sachar, a fantastic book writer, wrote the book Holes. The way the story is written will make your hands latch on to the book and won’t want to come off until you are all done with it. Louis Sachar has written many books and some of them are the wayside series and Marvin repost and many others. Once you are done with the book Holes you will want to read the sequel to it called Small Steps. The sequel won’t disappoint you but that is a whole different review.

In conclusion the book Holes is an amazing must read book. Moreover this book has all the great elements a good book should have. Through out the book there is jaw-dropping amazement. Stanley character changes significantly. As you come to the end of the book you will wish there was more bits and pieces that you could read. That is why all should read the amazing story of Holes.

i like to write. and i did this piece for an ELA project

grandma b said...
on Mar. 6 2010 at 11:27 am
Great job, Seamus. Your review certainly will lead many potential readers to this book.

on Mar. 6 2010 at 9:50 am
Ladekeye BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Good job Seamus !

on Mar. 3 2010 at 9:35 pm
TheColorSilver PLATINUM, Commack, New York
wow! great review!

on Mar. 3 2010 at 2:08 pm
Good book, good review!

Can't wait to read the sequel.

on Mar. 2 2010 at 6:59 am
thanks teen ink for publishing my work =]

on Mar. 1 2010 at 5:10 pm
AJ_TheGreatestEver BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts

"This is the wrong book-cover!"

nice work, its arjun. :)