The Golem This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Even thought I am not Jewish, I am a big fan of Elie Wiesel. I read many of his enjoyable and suspense books. However, The Golem touched me, it made my think twice of what I should and shouldn't do in life. This book will change its reader's view of life.

The main character in the book is Reuven, son of Yaakov. He lives in the Jewish community of 16th century Prague. Reuven is trying to find out why his always emotionally stable father is crying one day. His dad tells him about a mute: "Yossel, the Golem made of clay." The clay was given life by the mystical incantations of the mysterious Maharal, Rabbi Yehuda Loew, the leader of the Jewish community. Some versions have the Golem as a lovable, clumsy mute; others as a monster like Frankenstein who turned against his creator, giving a vivid warning against magic and the occult. Reuven is a elusive person, who witnessed the mute as a child.

The Golem is a smart, understandable man, who is always watching and helping us. This book inspired me to become a better person and try to do everything in my power to help the needy because of what Golem did and the risk he taken