A Long Fatal Love Chase by Louisa May Alcott This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

In 1993, the principal of a New Hampshire school found a novel written by Louisa May Alcott in 1868, two years before Little Women. In my opinion, this is the greatest thing that could possibly have happened in the literary world.

A Long Fatal Love Chase is the story of young Rosamond Vivian and is a vast improvement from the duller novel written after it. As Rosamond storms out of her grandfather's room one night exclaiming, "I'd gladly sell my soul to Satan for a year of freedom." The eccentric Phillip Tempest comes knocking at the door and little does Rosamond know that her wish will be granted, only to be followed by years of running, until a death changes everything.

A Long Fatal Love Chase is an extremely well-written novel that all who enjoy reading classics should take advantage of. It will keep you in suspense up until the very end despite the title that almost gives the entire novel away