Looking for Alaska by John Green This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Have you ever felt like you were trapped in a labyrinth? In Looking for Alaska, Miles Halter, a young man with a unique talent for remembering famous last words, has come from Florida to attend boarding school. He hopes to find something that will add some edge to his life. This edge comes in the form of a girl.

When he arrives, he meets his roommate, the Colonel, who is a bit of a nerd. Then there is Alaska, the one person who Miles feels has all he needs: smarts, looks, and morals. As they become friends, he is the one she talks to if she has a problem. Soon Miles finds himself in a labyrinth of his own.

John Green describes a very real situation in this thrilling tragedy. I think this is the most believable and grabbing book I have ever read. Green creates many different personalities, from the prep with a hair obsession, to Miles with his talent for remembering last words. Alaska also catches me off guard as Green blends her ditzy and smart sides perfectly.

Some sections may be slow but Green picks up the momentum every few pages. This book is a must-read for anyone who loves suspense and tragedy. I give this book a great big thumbs up. Pick it up next time you want to be thrilled to the max.

kaleejoy said...
John Green is fantastic.   Enough said.

tember12 said...
I am very surprised on how much i love this book.  i couldn't believe it.  it is just a wonderful book

kysh15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 15, 2010 at 10:55 pm:
one of my top ten favorite books.... and thats pretty hard to do

juhneen_6 replied...
Dec. 1, 2010 at 8:27 am :
one of mine too, and im hard to impress

ChangedForever said...
Mar. 31, 2010 at 5:07 pm:
i preferred "an abundance of kathrines" because the mood was a little lighter, but there is no denying that Alaska deserved every award it got.  

Amna.T. said...
Feb. 28, 2010 at 11:15 am:
THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING BOOK EVERRR

ConnorBB said...
Jan. 24, 2010 at 3:47 am:
Yes I adored this book. I thought it was very sad but a great book nonetheless

~♥~In_love~♥~ said...
i agree with this completely. i saw the book and thought "naw, sounds stupid!" but once i actually read it, i fell in love and qualify it as one of the best books i've read.

juhneen_6 replied...
Dec. 1, 2010 at 8:29 am :
me too, the picture kind of made me think it was about actual Alaska, borrrring, but i really got into it and changed my opinion about it fast.

WOW1 said...
I LOVE LFA and John Green. NERDFIGHTERS FTW

BeckoningLovely replied...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:17 am :
NERDFIGHTER FTW! DFTBA!

sofia123 said...
This book was amazing! I am doing a project on it right now as i type this and I am actually enjoying myself. Looking for Alaska is a great coming-of-age story that will grab reader's attention and take them on a wonderful journey.

cowinhaler said...
Apr. 29, 2009 at 3:36 am:
Nice article :).

I read this book awhile ago and I loved it so much! I hope people read your review and decide to read the book because it's most definitely worth it!

swimmer4l12 said...
Nov. 17, 2008 at 12:27 am:
Thanks for this article. I really think I'm going to read this book now.

BebbiBee said...
Oct. 24, 2008 at 12:58 am:
I really loved this book. Normally, I prefer fantasy and science fiction to realistic fiction but Looking for Alaska was definitely an exception.