Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause | Teen Ink

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause MAG

As I wandered through Barnes and Noble, a book caught my eye. I looked it over and it was like love at first sight. I began reading it immediately and was hooked.

If you’re looking for a good book, look no further. Blood and Chocolate is by far the best book I’ve ever read. It’s packed with events that will keep you wanting more, even when you’re done.

Blood and Chocolate was recently made into a movie and didn’t look that good from the previews, with little real plot or purpose. But I didn’t let that stop me from reading the book. You should never judge a book by the movie.

Annette Curtis Klause brings together two worlds in one amazing book. Vivian Gandillon is a 16-year-old loup garou, or werewolf, living in Maryland. She deals with the usual teenage drama: boys, friends, her mom. But at home, with the pack, things aren’t as good as she would like. The pack is leaderless, her father is dead, and many problems are arising. But she is able to escape all of her troubles by going through the change. The relief that carries her from girl to wolf helps her erase her worries.

Then she meets and falls in love with Aiden and desperately wants to reveal herself to him. She believes he could understand about her double life.

But various murders threaten to expose and endanger the pack. She isn’t sure about her feelings, but she longs to find her true place. Is she human or beast? What tastes sweeter, blood or chocolate? Where does her loyalty lie?

on Mar. 26 2012 at 7:44 am
I watched the movie. I loved Gabriel and I loved the movie. The ending made me cry because of what happened to Gabriel.

Maehym BRONZE said...
on Jul. 23 2010 at 11:59 pm
Maehym BRONZE, Jacksonville, North Carolina

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before" -Poe

"In her heart, though, she wondered, is anything remembered forever" -Ada in Cold Mountain

Tis an amazing book. (:

"I have the taste of blood and chcolate in my mouth, one more hateful than the next."

Thats my favorite line in the book <3

on Apr. 8 2010 at 10:28 am
HerLittleRed BRONZE, Smithfield, North Carolina
This is one of my favorite books and if you've seen the movie, read the book. It is completely different and I prefer the book, honestly. It is a great book and her other books are wonderfully written as well.

on Dec. 22 2009 at 10:32 pm
pencilchick GOLD, San Jose, California

The sleep of reason produces monsters -fransisco goya

The Movie is Completely different from the book

munger-j said...
on Nov. 22 2009 at 12:48 pm
Great review.

This is my favorite book; I've read it several times. I thought the ending was surprising. I liked the unpredictability.

The movie horribly portrayed the book. I didn't like it at all. I had heard only bad reviews about it but that didn't stop my curiousity from getting the better of me. It wasn't worth it at all...

When we had the choice to pick a book to do in our project in Adv. English III, I chose this one and several people laughed because they had seen the movie and not the book. They were very criticizing of my choice because the movie sucked. Well like was said in this article: "You should never judge a book by the movie."

katnip SILVER said...
on Oct. 14 2009 at 6:19 pm
katnip SILVER, Eureka, California

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button.

i loved the book and her final choice. i cant wait to see the movie even though it got bad reviews

duchess453 said...
on May. 29 2009 at 3:29 pm
I sincerely loved this book. It works for both genders having something valuable for both. It should be noted that it is in the mc charachter's POV, centering on her. While this may seemingly detract from the novel's attraction to a men, I still believe it should be read by all.

The ending is the only negative. It leaves one a little confused at the abruptness. Though an amazing novel otherwise you may soon wish the author went a different route.

I am seeing in the process of the watching the film. Though they leave some valuable parts out they do have some valuable names in it. The acting is well done and I feel it is a decent comapanion to the book aside from a different interpretation.

on Dec. 15 2008 at 3:35 pm
This sounds like a great book. I'll have to go buy it. :)

on Dec. 10 2008 at 3:18 pm
I loved this book as well--but the ending...I didn't like it as much. And as for the movie, it didn't follow the plot whatsoever. (Maybe it followed it...loosely)

the dan man said...
on Nov. 30 2008 at 5:14 pm
i think the movie is terribal compared to the book

on Oct. 2 2008 at 3:00 pm
I am so going to read this book!

Karina said...
on Sep. 30 2008 at 2:30 pm
LOVE IT!! i got 2 read that book.

gangster said...
on Sep. 18 2008 at 5:30 pm
i never read book before but ill try it =]

pinkpimp said...
on Sep. 18 2008 at 1:38 pm
it sounds like a really awesome book im going to read it over and over and over and over again

soulja gul said...
on Sep. 2 2008 at 2:31 pm
it sound like a good book

Writer82 said...
on Aug. 19 2008 at 3:50 am
It was a really good book. I didn't like the movie too much but loved the book.

Mandy93 said...
on Aug. 14 2008 at 2:36 am
I have also read this book, and I like your review of it, although I don't think it was the best book I've ever read.

SassEkat44 said...
on Aug. 9 2008 at 9:16 pm
That really does sound like a good book . I might have to read it.:)