Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause | Teen Ink

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause MAG

By Anonymous

As I wandered through Barnes and Noble, a book caught my eye. I looked it over and it was like love at first sight. I began reading it immediately and was hooked.

If you’re looking for a good book, look no further. Blood and Chocolate is by far the best book I’ve ever read. It’s packed with events that will keep you wanting more, even when you’re done.

Blood and Chocolate was recently made into a movie and didn’t look that good from the previews, with little real plot or purpose. But I didn’t let that stop me from reading the book. You should never judge a book by the movie.

Annette Curtis Klause brings together two worlds in one amazing book. Vivian Gandillon is a 16-year-old loup garou, or werewolf, living in Maryland. She deals with the usual teenage drama: boys, friends, her mom. But at home, with the pack, things aren’t as good as she would like. The pack is leaderless, her father is dead, and many problems are arising. But she is able to escape all of her troubles by going through the change. The relief that carries her from girl to wolf helps her erase her worries.

Then she meets and falls in love with Aiden and desperately wants to reveal herself to him. She believes he could understand about her double life.

But various murders threaten to expose and endanger the pack. She isn’t sure about her feelings, but she longs to find her true place. Is she human or beast? What tastes sweeter, blood or chocolate? Where does her loyalty lie?