Pigs In Heaven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Pigs in Heaven is an extraordinary piece of contemporary fiction. Although it is a sequel to The Bean Trees, each is unique and can stand alone. Kingsolver's writing can keep the reader occupied for hours. She blends her abiding visions with clever wittiness.

This novel depicts the life of a loving mother who goes to extreme measures to keep from being separated from her beloved daughter, Turtle. Turtle is an illegally adopted Cherokee and is discovered when she appears on the "The Oprah Winfrey Show" as a child heroine. The Indian Child Welfare Law states that no Native American child can be adopted without tribal permission. The Cherokee nation quickly becomes aware of the illegal adoption and is concerned with the well-being of the child.

After reading this book, I felt I knew the characters personally, and I missed them when the book ended. This is an excellent novel that evokes emotions and will keep the reader entertained. My idea of a good writer is one who can make me laugh out loud and feel sadness because of caring deeply about the characters. Barbara Kingsolver does both in Pigs in Heaven. .