Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher | Teen Ink

Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher

By EmilyA22 BRONZE, Milo, Maine
EmilyA22 BRONZE, Milo, Maine
1 article 1 photo 1 comment

The story of Hannah is real, shocking and a mystery. This book keeps you wondering why certain people are on her list, especially Clay Jensen a.k.a. the good guy.

A girl named Hannah Baker commits suicide, no one really knew that Hannah was even thinking about suicide, however as they listen to the tapes that she made, which tells the story about why she didn't want to live anymore. The stories what lead Hannah to committing this act, they also learn about each others flaws they had to get Hannah’s list.

The story takes you through the two main characters lives; Hannah and Clay. Clay presses the play button you hear Hannah’s words, but then you also get to hear Clay’s story and his reaction to Hannah’s words. The author put this book into a way that you see the point of view from both Hannah and Clay, and how they knew each other and why Clay was apart of the reason why Hannah ended her life.

It all starts when Clay and the shoe box full of cassettes and he decides to listen to them. The box of cassettes holds 7 tapes, each containing one story and one person on each side, except for the seventh which only has one side. Some are about failed relationships, betrayel, deceit, dropping names, lies, many other reasons. Clay’s story however is more unique than all other of the twelve reasons. We all thought he was the good guy in the story, except he did not do anything about what happened between the two of them that night everything happened.

Clay takes these 7 tapes with him and listens to the story as he goes to all the places she talks about in Hannah’s tapes. Before the tapes ever came out, each of the 13 people recieved a map. The map shows places where the stories happened. After you read this book you will look at suicide a different way. You will listen to more detail about your friends lives, and what you do with your friends.

EmilyA22 BRONZE, Milo, Maine
1 article 1 photo 1 comment
I couldnt put this book down it was so good

Gabs(: SILVER said...
on Feb. 21 2010 at 11:22 am
Gabs(: SILVER, Florence, Kentucky

Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that's what makes you different. -Sara Dessen.

I read this book and loved it (: