The Perfect Storm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

"In conditions like these, so much water gets loaded into the air that swimmers drown simply trying to breathe" writes Sebastian Junger in his literary masterpiece, The Perfect Storm. I, an avid sailor, immediately took a liking to Mr. Junger's historical novel that vividly depicts the events leading up to and during the No Name Storm of 1991. The Perfect Storm takes us deep inside the world of the sword-fishermen of Massachusetts and particularly into the world of the crew of the Andrea Gail, a sword-fishing boat that operated out of Gloucester, Massachusetts. I recommend this astonishing, yet somber novel for anyone who enjoys reading about the courage, awe, and terror that was experienced by this dauntless crew and the candid accounts of the people whose lives the storm touched..