Leon's Story | Teen Ink

Leon's Story

By dmurphy18 BRONZE, Gansevort, New York
dmurphy18 BRONZE, Gansevort, New York

The book I read for my third book review was Leon’s Story by Leon Walter Tillage. The genre of the book is African American and the copyright date is 2000. Leon’s Story is about a kid named Leon telling his life as a slave and what he faced in his life.

Leon’s Story is a very interesting book about what Leon had to go through. I would recommend middle school students read this book because it teaches you an important lesson and explains to you how people treated other people. I would also recommend this book to middle school students because it relates to school subjects like social studies. It relates to social because it explains what slavery was like when schools and restaurants were segregated. Those are some reasons why I would recommend this book to middle school students.

There are more reasons why middle school students should read Leon’s Story. Another reason why I would recommend that middle school students read Leon’s Story is it is a real life story. Leon Walter Tillage is the kid that explains his life throughout the story. Leon Walter Tillage is the one faced by many hardships throughout his life. That is another reason to why I would recommend this book to middle school students.

In conclusion, Leon’s Story is a very interesting and lesson learning biography told by Leon Walter Tillage. Leon’s life was very challenging and must have been hard to live through.