Shadows of a Dark Queen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Shadows of a Dark Queenis one of the best books I have ever read, hands down. The writing is superb,conveying the story without the monotony of some fantasy novels. Even thebackground information is excellent.

The story centers on Erik vonDarkmoor, the illegitimate son of a duke. He becomes a fugitive after he killshis half-brother in vengeance. Erik is eventually caught but goes on to join thearmy and stave off an invasion.

In addition to Erik, Shadows of a DarkQueen is studded with memorable characters. Mercenary captain Calls, Erik's bestfriend Roo and the sorcerer Pug all help make the story incredible. Littledetails make even minor characters hard to forget, and the action scenes are verydetailed without being cluttered.

Shadows of a Dark Queen is an amazingpiece of writing and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys fantasy.