Book Review to Leon's Story | Teen Ink

Book Review to Leon's Story

January 25, 2010
By Anonymous

For my Book Review #3 I chose to read Leon’s Story by Susan L. Roth. This book is from the African American genre and its copyright date is 1997.

In Leon’s Story I thought that the author gave good details about Leon’s life story. She described how African Americans were mistreated. For instance, she said that African Americans would walk in lines and American people would spray them with fire hoses that would burn them and put them in great pain. Leon’s life story is sad, but interesting to know how they were really treated from an actual African American’s perspective. I would recommend this book to Middle School students who are interested in history on the topic of discrimination of African Americans. I wouldn’t recommend this book to students who don’t want to read about historical scenes in America.

This book i is good for Middle School students because it is very informative and gives kids the real effect on how it was around the 1950’s. The author keeps a strong description throughout the whole book which kept me interested.

In conclusion, I think that Leon’s Story is a great book and the author does a good job explaining Leon Walter Tillages life story and I do recommend it for Middle School Students.