Timeline | Teen Ink

Timeline MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

   MichaelCrichton is one of the best known science fiction writers of our time.He is famous for Jurassic Park, The Andromeda Strain and Congo. Hislatest work, Timeline, is my favorite to date. It is a fascinating storythat combines aspects of history and science and deals with a kind ofinter-dimensional time travel, which leads to much excitement.

Apowerful man, Robert Doniger, wants to make money selling trips into thepast. He's not concerned with anything other than his power and hiscompany's appearance. News of his secret work in time travel is on theverge of being exposed to the public. To appease one of those who mightlearn about his work, Doniger shows a history professor what he isworking on. He sends the man, Edward Johnston, to 14th-century France.Johnston gets lost in the past and is unable to find his way back. Hiscolleagues, who have a great knowledge of medieval history, are sentback to retrieve him and encounter an onslaught of seemingly inescapableproblems.

Timeline is one of the most exciting books I have everread. Crichton stays true to his form by making the details of his storyextremely believable, yet awe- inspiring. Timeline never becomes boringor predictable. It is possible to become enslaved to this novel once youbegin, so it is a perfect traveling book, or to read during a vacation.I wouldn't recommend it during school because it is likely to make thereader neglect work and other obligations. I kept saying, "One morechapter," and ended up finishing the last 200 pages in one sitting.This is a great book for those who enjoy reading; it's pureentertainment.