Leon's Story | Teen Ink

Leon's Story

By midget BRONZE, Saratoga Springs, New York
midget BRONZE, Saratoga Springs, New York

I read Leon’s Story by Leon Walker. The genre is African-American and the copyright date is 2006.

I would recommend this book to middle school students. I would because it’s informative. Also it tells a true story about a black kid makes his way in the south. Also I would recommend this book because it’s a good book about what blacks went through in the south where racism was strong. Last the book is good for middle school students because it explains how there was segregation and sharecropping.

These are my reasons why I thought Leon’s Story is a good book for middle school students. First I thought the book is informative. I thought the book was informative because it tells a story about how Leon Walker lives a life through discrimination, racism, and the south. Leon had to fight a stay alive in the south. Racist white kids would throw rocks at the blacks but the bigger ones would help the little ones. So blacks stick together in the south. It’s also informative because it tells readers how poorly the whites treated the blacks.

In conclusion, those are reasons why Leon’s Story would be a good book for middle school students.