The Secret Life of Bees | Teen Ink

The Secret Life of Bees

I read the book The Secret Life of Bees. The author is Sue Monk Kidd. The genre is African American and the copyright date is 2002.
The book The Secret Life of Bees was an interesting book because there isnt a book like it. The book is also interesting because of the plot. The plot is about a girl named Lily Owens and how she runs away from her dad she calls T-ray. Lily runs away with her African American housekeeper named Rosaleen. Lily and Rosaleen find a place to stay with the Boatwright's at their house. While Lily and Rosaleen are at the Boatwrigh's house. Lily helps August Boatwright with the bee farm. May Boatwright is August's sister and had a twin sister name July. July died and May is still really torn up about it. One day May gets really upset and goes out of the house for awhile. She doesn't come back and everyone gets really nervous. Everyone went to go look for May and August finds her. When August finds May she is dead because she drowned in a river. This whole plot made the book very interesting and entertainging to read.

warning: spoilers!