All Creatures Great and Small | Teen Ink

All Creatures Great and Small MAG

All Creatures Great and Small is anautobiographical marvel. Chock full of Herriot's misadventures as a young countryveterinarian, the book provides humorous anecdotes interrupted only by poignantmoments. At times, Herriot is downright philosophical, commenting on the miraclesof life that present themselves almost daily in the most touchingway.

All Creatures Great and Smallis a story of hardship, buthardship that is more than worthwhile, as evidenced by Herriot's masterful tale.A book this wonderful is not written every day. It is almost shameful that it isnot required reading in schools. The book is not just about being a veterinarian,but also is a microcosm where order is created out of chaos, which then revertsto chaos through the irreversible process of entropy.

Unlike the universe,however, Mr. Herriot doesn't slow down; he has written many other books about hisexperiences, each refreshing and original.

All Creatures Great andSmallis such an excellent work of art that those who have not partaken of itshould. Truly, such an autobiography is only discovered once in a lifetime, butit ought to be read much more often than that.

i love this !